Saturday, January 14, 2017

Dunedin, New Zealand

Today we arrived in Dunedin after a few days at sea. The last day and a half were pretty rough so I spent most of my time laying down!!
The weather here is a drizzly 14 degrees, summer in Dunedin!!
We had a late breakfast and at 12.45 met our excursion bus ashore for the City, Olveston house and Botanic Gardens tour. We have been to Dunedin many times so we chose this excursion as a change from what we have done in the past.
The tour of the city was very informative, Dunedin, Gaelic for Edinburgh, has a rich history. We then visited Olveston House, a man or built in the early 1900s by a wealthy family. The home and all its contents were donated to the city when the last heir passsed away. I wish I could show you photos but we weren't allowed to take any. I am a Downton Abbey fan, for those of you who have seen the show, I saw so many similarities in this home, the drawing room, sitting rooms, games rooms, butler's pantry, the kitchen, servants quarters and much more. Our guide was very informative and I enjoyed the visit.
Afterwards we went on to the botanic gardens, they were nice but as it was starting to rain we didn't get to see much.
Still a nice afternoon, now back to the ship....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: