Sunday, October 13, 2013

Excursion review: Airlie Beach - Proserpine Museum and Coffee Plantation



After a 20 minute tender ride ashore from the ship I was reminded why I don't enjoy tender ports! It wasn't overly rough but the tenders had poor ventilation and with the heat here, it was a very unpleasant ride and it was only 8.30 in the morning, I am not looking forward to the ride back.
As I sit in our air conditioned coach, I reflect on our first stop - the Proserpine museum.
It took us about 30 minutes to get here by coach from Airlie beach and our driver explained the history of this area.
The museum was a showcase of olden days in Australia including scenes set up from various time periods showing homes, utensils and clothing.
It was interesting.
We are now back on the coach headed for the coffee plantation….........back soon......

Well we are back on the coach after the visit to the coffee plantation. The had morning tea waiting for us including coffee, iced coffee, iced chocolate and tea all made in site.
The tour was too crowded so we didn't get to see anything.
Overall I am not that impressed with this excursion. Probably not one I would recommend for younger people. The older passengers found it more interesting I think.
Now as we head back to the port, I dread the hot and sweaty tender ride back to the Sun Princess. 

No comments: